Do you suffer from thin skin on your arms?
Have you caught yourself wishing more and more you could do something about it?
Would you like to learn more about how to thicken skin on arms?
In this article, we’ll explain the most common causes of thin skin on your arms and what you can do to help reverse this type of damage. You’ll learn about some of the most successful home remedies for thinning arm skin and you should be able to choose the ones that will work best for you.
Remember, too, to speak to your dermatologist if you have any more questions.
What causes crepey, THIN skin on arms?
There are a few different reasons why your skin may thin out. Although chances are good you’ve heard of at least one of these potential causes, you may not be aware of all of the risks out there. Thin skin on the arms is nothing to ignore, but in some situations, there also may not really be anything you can do to prevent it from happening. Check out the following list to try to determine what may be the underlying cause of your thin skin, especially when it comes to the thinning of the skin on your arms.
- Elastin production decreases due to age and causes thinner skin. In short, aging may cause your skin to thin out, and you likely already knew this. Thinner skin is common in older people because elastin is what is responsible for thickening the skin in the first place.
- Some types of medications may cause thinner skin. If you’re taking a medication that can thin your skin, your doctor should have already told you about this. However, if you’re unsure, you should speak to your regular healthcare provider to find out whether or not you’re taking something that may be having a negative effect on the thickness of your skin. This could potentially be a health risk.
- Your thin skin could be genetic. If you have parents who have naturally thin skin from an early age, there’s unfortunately not much you can do to prevent your thin skin altogether, since it’s genetic. With that said, however, there’s a lot you can do to be sure your skin doesn’t get any thinner, and you may even be able to reduce the effects of thinning skin by following these steps, too.
How To Thicken Your Skin On Arms
***REDUCE face lines and wrinkles by over 46% in less than a minute - Eye Secrets 1 Minute Lift cream gives an instant lift without side effects. Enjoy the benefits for 10-12 hours!
You can try several different methods to try to thicken the skin on your arms. In this section, we’ll be sure to give you a few simple at-home options that can go a long way toward improving the thickness of the skin on your arms over time. Remember that this type of change won’t happen immediately, so you’ll need to stick to which ever methods you choose to try for best results.
- Use a daily vitamin moisturizer. A little moisturizer goes a long way no matter which part of your skin you’re trying to treat. If you have a good-quality moisturizer with a lot of vitamins in it, this alone can help your arm skin thicken up and get to the tone you’re looking for. Be sure to ask your dermatologist for more information or for suggestions if you’re not sure which type of moisturizer you need to use, and remember that they aren’t all compatible with every type of skin treatment, too.
- Use sunscreen when you’ll be outside. Anytime you go outside in the sun for more than just a moment, you need to put sunscreen on your arms. Sun damage will thin your skin, and it will also cause more problems that may be exacerbated by your thin skin. This is a vicious cycle, but it’s easily prevented by making sure you have on sunscreen. A good rule of thumb is that you should have on sunscreen if you will be outside longer than the amount of time it takes you to walk to your mailbox and back without making any other stops along the way.
- Use vitamin E oil. Vitamin E is a great natural way to thicken the skin on your arms (and other areas where your skin may be too thin, too). By using vitamin E oil, you are able to apply the oil directly to the problem area. It’s also a good idea to eat plenty of foods that contain vitamin E, but remember that this alone may not target the problem area, so you might nee to stock up on both vitamin-rich foods and vitamin E oils at the same time to have the best possible results from this option.
- Get plenty of exercise. Exercise is a great way to keep your body looking and feeling as healthy and young as possible, but when it comes to the skin on your arms, you can literally tighten it up by making sure you’re doing your arm exercises. Even if you aren’t physically able to do more than just arm routines, be sure you’re doing a little something to work on your arms every day. This will make your skin thicker and, over time, it will tone up your arms and make them look better as well. You can even do these kinds of exercises during your lunch break at work!
- Eat a lot of vitamin C. Like vitamin E, vitamin C can make a big difference in the way your arm skin looks and feels. Vitamin C is a natural revitalization vitamin that will help “wake up” your skin and ton it up at the same time. It’s also great for your whole body and is excellent for boosting your immune system, so incorporating it into your diet can make a huge difference in the way you feel in the long run. You may want to include vitamin A in this new diet regimen, as well, to improve your skin’s health.
Use Thin Skin Treatments For Arms Today
As you can see, there’s a lot you can do at home on your own time to help improve the thickness of the skin on your arms. These are all great options to help you get started, especially if thinning skin has only just started to be a problem for you. If you’re dealing with very seriously thin skin, however, you should speak to your healthcare provider or your dermatologist for more information about what you can do in the long run to protect your body and your skin both. They will be able to give you more useful information specific to your situation.
Thin skin can be uncomfortable, unsightly, and even dangerous, but with the right treatment routine, you’ll be able to take care of it in no time.