***DEAL ALERT - SILK'N Mother's Day Sale Extended Get UP TO 40% OFF anti aging devices while supplies last. Order now!
Our Best Drugstore Face Serum Recommendation
- Olay's Hydrating Serum is a Light Gel Face Moisturizer with Advanced Anti-Aging Ingredients for Visibly Smoother...
- Regenerates Surface Cells While Restoring Skin’s Elasticity with Plumping Hydration
- After Just 4 Weeks, Skin’s Appearance is Firmer and Appearance of Fine Lines and Wrinkles are also Improved
If you have been avoiding face serums till now, fearing they are not good for oily skin, we are here to help you with these best drugstore face serums! Did you know there are face serums that are perfect for use on oily skin? You’ll also learn how the wrong face serum can cause a negative reaction on this skin type.
You can also check out 5 best drugstore face serums and read their detailed reviews, which we share with a complete list of pros and cons. In the end, don’t forget to read how the drugstore serum you buy can certainly help your skin.
5 Best Drugstore Face Serums For Sale Online
Here are the 5 drugstore serums available on Amazon we’ve picked out, in particular for their effectiveness on oily skin.
Best Drugstore Face Serum #1
Roc Retinol Correxion Anti-Aging Deep Wrinkle Serum
This facial serum aims to complement and boost the renewal process of your skin cells and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth, instead of greasy and heavy. This best drugstore face serum contains ingredients such as retinol, zinc, copper and magnesium that are all known for their anti-ageing and skin enhancing properties. The product has been clinically proven to show results. With regular use, you will start to see noticeable improvements in your skin. After 4 weeks, your skin will look brighter and fine lines around the neck and face will become smoother. After 8 weeks, crow’s feet and signs of photo damage will gradually reduce. After 12 weeks, deep lines and wrinkles will almost be gone.
- Boost skin renewal process. Soft, smooth skin.
- Retinol, zinc, copper and magnesium with anti-ageing, skin enhancing properties.
- Clinically proven.
- Brighter skin, smoother fine lines after 4 weeks.
- Reduced crow’s feet and photo damage after 8 weeks.
- Reduced deep lines and wrinkles after 12 weeks.
- This best drugstore face serum may result in breakouts.
- Those with sensitive skin may feel a burning sensation.
Best Drugstore Face Serum #2
Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum Advanced Anti-Aging Fragrance Free
This hydrating serum is more like a light gel based face moisturizer that also has advanced anti-ageing properties. With regular use, you will notice a visible change in your skin, and you can also feel the effects from the time you start using it. This best drugstore face serum helps to regenerate the cells on your skin’s surface and restores your skin’s natural elasticity with its skin plumping effects and constant hydration. After 4 weeks of use, your skin will feel and look firmer and your fine lines and wrinkles will look reduced. This drugstore serum contains amino-peptide complex II which penetrates till 10 layers under the surface of your skin for extra hydration. This best drugstore face serum absorbs fast, has no fragrance and will not make your skin greasy.
- Regenerate skin cells, boost elasticity, plumper skin.
- Long lasting hydration.
- Firmer skin, reduced fine lines and wrinkles in 4 weeks.
- Amino-peptide complex II for deep penetration till 10 layers. Extra hydration.
- Absorbs fast, no fragrance, not greasy.
- This best drugstore face serum can feel like a little burning sensation on some skin types.
- The no fragrance scent is also strong.
Best Drugstore Face Serum #3
bareMinerals Blemish Remedy Acne Clearing Treatment Serum by Bare Escentuals
This blemish remedy treatment serum contains salicylic acid that is known to be very effective in treating acne and preventing them from reappearing. Regular use will help to fight blemishes and keep your skin calm and smooth. This best drugstore face serum will also help to improve your skin’s overall tone. This best drugstore face serum is dermatologically tested and will not cause any allergies.
- Salicylic acid treats and prevents acne.
- Fight acne blemishes, calmer and smoother skin.
- Improve overall skin tone.
- Dermatologically tested, no allergies.
- This drugstore serum can lead to breakouts.
- Changes may not be noticeable.
Best Drugstore Face Serum #4
Serums & Treatments by Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Line Correcting Serum
This anti-blemish and line correcting serum is meant for all skin types and will give very effective results for those who have oily skin. This drugstore serum is very light weight and you can even use this in summers to make sure your skin is hydrated and stays feeling soft and not greasy or heavy. This serum will not leave a sheen or film on your skin, even in the warmer months. Regular use will make your skin look brighter and will also improve its overall tone and texture.
- Light weight, can use in summers.
- Hydrated and soft skin, not greasy or heavy.
- Brighter and improved skin tone.
- None as yet.
Best Drugstore Face Serum #5
Neutrogena Fine Fairness Brightening Serum
This is a clinically proven serum that will give effective results with regular use. In three weeks, you will notice whitening and brightening effects that will be significantly visible. This best drugstore face serum contains ingredients such as pure retinol, high potency vitamin C and lily that are known for their hydrating effects on the skin. The formula penetrates deep into the skin and deactivates the production of melanin which is responsible for adding a darker colour to the skin. As a result, your skin will look brighter and fairer. This drugstore serum also helps to reduce age spots and signs of hyperpigmentation and prevents new ones from forming.
- Whitening and brightening effects in three weeks.
- Pure retinol, high potency vitamin C and lily for deep hydration.
- Penetrates deep to deactivate melanin production.
- Reduce and prevent age spots, hyperpigmentation.
- Not everyone may like the ‘whitening’ effect.
- More expensive than others that give better results.
How could the wrong face serum negatively affect your oily skin?
While serums are a boon to the skin, especially the skin on your face, using the wrong one can cause a lot of negative reaction if you have oily skin.
- Some serums can be extremely heavy and have ingredients that may not be the best for those with oily skin.
- This leads to the accumulation of unwanted grease on your face which can block out the pores and lead to breakouts.
- Any skin serum that has emollients or is thick in its consistency can cause trouble to your skin and have the opposite reaction of what you are looking for.
What are the 3 best things that these serums can do for your face?
Here are 3 amazing ways in which a serum can help to keep your oily face grease-free and happy.
- As serums are much lighter than moisturizers and creams, they are more easily absorbed in your skin.
- Also, they help your skin to stay hydrated for longer hours as they can penetrate into the deeper layers of your skin as compared to a cream or gel based formula.
- When your skin starts to dry out, even though it may appear shiny on the surface, the sebaceous gland starts producing oil again. When your skin is already hydrated from the inside, your glands do not produce more oil and hence your oiliness is also under control.
Last update on 2021-05-18 at 09:40 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.