How To Make Homemade Facial Peel Masks (Quick & Easy DIY)
Would you like to make a facial peel mask at home that is effective and easy to make?
Today we tell you how to use a facial peel mask the right way and how it is different from regular face masks. We also talk about what added benefits you get when you use a homemade facial peel mask instead of using one that you buy at the store.
Make sure to read our 3 DIY facial peel masks to know what ingredients you can use and how you can make it quickly and easily at home.
What is a facial peel mask? How is it used?
Facial peel masks are similar to a regular facial mask, but often come in a gel like consistency which dries out so that you can peel it off your face. These are most effective in getting rid of the blackheads and whiteheads you have on the surface of your skin and also reduce signs of hyperpigmentation.
How to use:
If you have never used a facial peel mask before, try and follow these steps:
- 1Clean your face using a gentle cleanser.
- 2Steam your face, so that it helps your pores to open up. This will help the facial peel mask work more effectively. You can do this by putting boiling water in a pan and taking your face close to it in such a way that the steam reaches your face.
- 3Now apply the facial peel mask on your face and make sure to spread it out evenly. Avoid taking it too close to your eyes or lips.
- 4Once you have applied the first layer, apply another layer so that it is a thick mask that will be easier for you to peel off.
- 5Let it sit on the face till it is completely dry.
- 6Gently peel it off from the outer areas of your face, pulling it towards one side.
- 7Wash your face with water to remove any bits that may still be on your face.
What sets a facial peel mask apart from other types of face masks?
A facial mask that needs to be peeled off the face, in other words, a facial peel mask, contains almost all the same ingredients as the face masks. But the fact that they have to be peeled off is what makes them more effective.
A face mask, on the other hand, works on the topmost layer of your skin to remove the pollutants and also offers deep hydration to your skin. It does not remove the topmost layer of your skin.
3 benefits your skin can gain from using a facial peel mask?
1. Detoxify the skin:
Peel off masks can help to detoxify the skin by removing the outermost layer of the skin, and removing the dirt, pollution and other traces of debris.
2. Purifying results:
Because it removes the outermost layer, a peel off mask helps to bring out the smoother and cleaner layer of skin that is lying at the bottom. This makes your skin look clearer.
3. Brightening effect:
Once the impurities are removed and the new layer of skin is on the surface, your skin will look brighter and more radiant. It also helps to reduce the appearance of pigmentation.
3 DIY Facial Peel Masks You Can Make At Home
Here are 3 easy recipes to make your very own homemade face peeling masks.
1. Egg mask to remove blackheads
What you need:
How to make and use:
- 1Crack the egg and add the lemon juice and the olive oil.
- 2Beat it all together till the texture is soft and everything has mixed in well.
- 3Clean your face before you apply the mask.
- 4Apply the mix all over your face using a brush or even with your hands.
- 5Tear up the tissue paper and place it all over your face so that the mix stays in place. Apply another layer of the mask.
- 6Let it dry.
- 7Peel off the mask by holding the tissue papers and pulling them off the skin. Wash with water.
2. Milk and honey mask for deep cleansing
What you need:
How to make:
- 1Add the three ingredients in a bowl and whisk them together.
- 2Now pour this mix in a shallow pan and heat it over medium heat.
- 3Keep stirring till it turns into a thick consistency that you will easily be able to apply on the face.
- 4Remove it from heat and let it cool down to a temperature that it is still warm.
- 5Take a brush and apply the mix to your clean face.
- 6Make sure to apply it liberally over those areas where you can notice any blemishes, acne spots, scarring and pigmentation.
- 7Let it sit for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Scrub it off and wash with regular water.
3. Milk and honey mask to brighten up the face
What you need:
How to make:
- 1Add the gelatin or agar powder and milk in a bowl and mix them well to form the base.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 3Clean your face and apply the mix all over the face using a brush for ease of application.
- 4Avoid applying near the eye and lip area.
- 5Apply liberally around the nose and chin area as it can also help to remove all the blackheads and whiteheads.
- 6Let it sit for about half an hour till it has completely dried off.
- 7Now start pulling at it from one side and pull it away from your skin and towards the other side.
- 8All the impurities on the surface of your skin will stick to the mask and come off.
- 9Wash your face with regular water and pat dry.
What are the top 3 advantages of using a homemade facial peel mask over a store-bought one?
You can easily make these and use even when you do not have access to immediately buying a facial peel mask from the store.