How To Make Homemade Face Masks For Pores (DIY Step-By-Step w/ Videos)
Do you often notice dirt and oil on your skin and have acne breakouts?
Are you looking for some good and effective face masks that you can make at home?
Homemade masks are good for your skin at many levels.
Today, we talk about why it’s important to take care of your pores and how they help your skin. We also discuss the side effects of clogged and dirty pores. Read our DIY homemade face masks to reduce your pore size and get clear skin.
Why is it important to give your pores some TLC every once in a while?
Pores are the small openings in your skin that are present all over your body. It is important to take care of your pores and all for the following reasons.
What happens when pores are clogged and dirty?
A lot can go wrong for your skin if your pores are not cleaned on time and become dirty and clogged.
How can face masks help cleanse and tighten pores?
Using the right type of face mask can help to keep your pores clean and remove any traces of oil and dirt build-up.
Does it help to know how to make your own pore masks at home? Why?
A homemade face mask is a good way to take care of your pores at home.
How To Make Homemade Face Masks That Cleanse Face And Tighten The Pores
1. Face mask to shrink the pores
How to use
- 1Break the egg and add the egg white in a bowl.
- 2Now squeeze out the juice from half a lemon.
- 3Mix these two well and stir so that both the ingredients mix completely.
- 4Clean the face and apply the mix all over.
- 5Let it sit for at least 15 to 20 minutes. You will feel the skin drying up and getting tighter as the mask dries up completely.
- 6While this happens, the mask helps to shrink down the size of your pores and the ingredients also have a lightening effect on your skin, while also acting as a natural toner.
- 7Rinse your face with cool water and pat your skin dry.
2. Face mask to tighten and shrink the pores
How to use
- 1Take the white of an egg and whisk it using a fork till it becomes a little frothy.
- 2Clean your face and start applying this egg white all over your face.
- 3If you can see any part of the skin where you feel the pores are really big, make sure to apply one or two extra layers of the egg white over there.
- 4Let the egg white mask sit on your skin for at least 15 to 20 minutes or till you feel that it has become completely dry.
- 5You can wash your face with cool water or wipe it clean using a damp warm towel.
3. Face mask for deep cleansing the pores
How to use
- 1Place the strawberries in a bowl and mash them up using a fork till they are completely mushy.
- 2Add the milk and the rice powder into the strawberry bowl.
- 3Mix all the ingredients together till they become completely mixed up in a paste like consistency.
- 4Clean your face and apply a thin layer all over your face.
- 5The texture will be a little chunky, so once you have applied it you can lie down to make sure there is no mess.
- 6Strawberries are loaded with vitamin C which will make your skin look clean and perfect. The rice powder will help to absorb the excess oil as well as bacteria from your pores and deeply cleanse your pores. The milk helps to soothe your skin and contains lactic acid which will exfoliate your skin.
- 7Let it sit for about 20 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
4. Face mask for deep pore cleansing
How to use
- 1Add the oatmeal and the sour cream in a bowl and add squeeze out the juice of half a lemon. While adding the sour cream make sure it is not very cold and is of room temperature.
- 2Mix the ingredients together so that you get a grainy and thick mix which is more like a paste.
- 3Clean your face and apply the face mask all over your face. While doing so, keep massaging it with light fingers so that it mixes well and also improves your blood circulation.
- 4Let the mask sit on your face for at least 20 to 30 minutes so that it becomes completely dry.
- 5Wash off your face with cool or warm water.
5. Face mask to reduce the size of pores
How to use
- 1Add the yogurt in a bowl and grate the lemon rind into the bowl with the yogurt.
- 2Now spray a few drops of rose water into the mix.
- 3Mix all the ingredients together so that they form a thick and smooth consistency like a paste.
- 4Clean your face and apply the face mask all over the skin.
- 5Let it sit for at least 20 to 25 minutes so that it is completely dry.
- 6This face mask will help to reduce the size of your pores and will also make your skin even toned and reduce any signs of blemishes or hyperpigmentation patches as well as signs of sun damage. It will also keep your skin hydrated and make it feel soft and smooth.
- 7Wash off with cool water.
Is there the possibility of allergic or any other negative reactions to these homemade masks? What precautions should people undertake in order to avoid these?
Some people are allergic to using eggs on their skin, so it is best to first do a patch test before you make a face mask and apply it all over.
Also, to ensure your skin feels soft and nourished, apply your moisturizer after cleaning off the mask.